Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Foolin'!

My camera is broken right now, so I thought I would post some pictures from last year's April Fool's Day dinner.

First - dessert for dinner! "Ice Cream Sundaes" made from popcorn chicken, corn, mashed potatoes, gravy, and a cherry tomato on top.
I really got Logan good on this one! He was so excited to have ice cream for dinner! Then he took a bite, got a confused look on his face and said, "This isn't ice cream! It's smashed potatoes!"
Next - veggies for dessert. This awesome cupcake idea is from the coolest cupcake book ever, Hello Cupcake! The "mixed veggies" are really green Runts candies and cut orange Starburst candies.
The "mashed potatoes" are just vanilla frosting with a yellow Starburst candy "butter" swimming in caramel sauce "gravy." For once, the kids didn't mind eating all their veggies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I love this! My kids would love, love, love it if I did something like that. Kudos for your creativity!

Also, thanks for stopping by my blog and for the compliments on my mantel!