Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Ooh La La!

I made this fun birthday cake for super sweet Jordan, who loves all things French.
This was my first attempt at red velvet cake, as it has always been mysterious and a little intimidating to me before. I mean how do they make it so red?! Well, I discovered the secret - a little cocoa and LOTS of red food coloring! :)

The cake was covered in buttercream frosting and white fondant. The bow and heart cut-outs were made from pink fondant, and the Eiffel Tower and poodles were piped color flow royal icing.

Inspiration for this cake here.
Bon Anniversaire, Jordan!

2 comments:

Dani Marie said...

thank you for updating this! I love your creations! LOVE!!!!!

Dani Marie said...

Ps Showed the girls at work this blog.. they also think you should start a business... Just saying..