Saturday, February 18, 2012

Hello Kitty!


My little Valentine had her 4th birthday party this week - Hello Kitty style! She asked for a strawberry Hello Kitty cake. The cake consisted of a large (14 in?) single layer strawberry round covered in pink fondant topped with a shaped Hello Kitty strawberry cake decorated with butter cream frosting. I added a black feather boa around the base for a little girly pizazz. I put the cake together in about 45 minutes (not counting baking time, of course) and seriously placed the last frosting star 30 seconds before the first guest arrived! Whew!
Sadly, these are the best pictures we got of the cake. I was so preoccupied with the party that I didn't get a good head-on shot of the cake! Sheesh, what was I thinking?! Where are my priorities?! ;) Did you get any good pics of the cake, Mom?
 Happy Birthday, Sweetheart!

No comments: